Saturday, August 15, 2009

Cheddar Cheese Chicken Casserole

I found a recipe similar to this one when I was in a "let's find out how many meals I can make with what's leftover in my pantry before going to the grocery store again" mood. I made the recipe work for what we had left and we LOVED it and it's now on our regular rotation.

(The pictures for this sweet number seemed to have disappeared from my computer but the recipe is just too good not to share, if I do recover the pictures, I'll post them ASAP)

Ingredients:
Cheddar Cheese Soup (1.19)
1 Cup Cheddar Cheese (.94)
2 Chicken Breasts (1.50)
1 Can of Green Beans (.57)
5 Slices of Turkey Bacon (.30)
Ritz Crackers or Bread Crumbs to top (.40)

*Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

Step 1:
Fry your bacon to desired crispiness.

Step 2:
Take bacon out, let it cool. Drain your green beans and toss them into the same pan you fried the bacon in. Let the beans fry for a couple of minutes to soak in the bacon flavor. Crumble bacon when it has cooled.

Step 3:
In your cooking dish, spread the green beans on the bottom. Throw your bacon crumbles onto the beans.

Step 4:
Arrange your chicken on top of the beans, pour can of soup onto the chicken, cover that with your cheddar cheese and top it off with the ritz or the bread crumbs.

Step 5:
Stick it in the oven for an hour and then enjoy!

Total cost of meal: $4.90

No comments:

Post a Comment