Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Taco Chip Casserole

I found this recipe and made a few changes to meet the needs of our family (i.e. no beans because my nursing baby gets a massive tummy ache when I eat beans) and it was yumm-o. We'll definitely be putting this on our regular dinner rotations. We had guests over and I served this and so I didn't get as many pictures as I usually do because we were busy entertaining (I didn't want to seem like a crazy person taking pictures of my food, either- :) ).

Ingredients:
1 small cooked/cubed chicken breast (.40)
2 handfuls of crushed taco chips (.75)
16 oz can of diced tomatoes (1.15)
1 cup of cheddar cheese (.94)
1 8oz can of cream of chicken soup (.57)
1/4 cup of sour cream (.20)
1 Cup of milk (.40)
1/2 pouch of taco seasoning (.20)
Salt and Pepper for Taste


**Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

Step 1:
Spread your tomatoes on the bottom of your baking dish. Pour taco seasoning over top. Add a dash of salt and pepper.

Step 2: Crush one handful of taco chips onto the top of the tomato/seasoning mixture.

Step 3: Mix your wet ingredients together in a separate bowl.

Step 4: Throw your chicken on top of your dish so far.
Step 5: Pour wet mixture onto dish.
Step 6: Top with cheese, stick it in the oven for 25 minutes and when it comes out your ready to serve! Enjoy!


Total cost of meal: $4.61 + added steamed green beans (link takes you to a "how to steam beans without a steamer" post) for a grand total of $4.98 :)

No comments:

Post a Comment