Thursday, September 24, 2009

BBQ Chicken Bake

I have to admit, this is not my favorite recipe. I'm not a huge bbq sauce in large quantities fan, however, having said that--this meal kept my husband coming back to the fridge for leftovers for days and that is HUGE, so I had to include it!

Ingredients:
2 Chicken breasts cubed (1.20)
1 small sweet potato peeled and cut (.45)
1 small bag of frozen corn (.90)
1 jar of bbq sauce (1.18)
2 boxes of jiffy corn bread mix (.20 on sale! +.10 for the eggs used)

Step 1: Throw all of your ingredients minus the bbq sauce and corn bread mix into the slow cooker.
Step 2: Mix in BBQ sauce.
Step 3: Prepare corn bread mix as directed and lay it on top of your mixture. Cook for 8 hours on low. That's it!
Serve and enjoy (ours was in a to go container so we could take it to daddy while he worked the closing shift).
Total cost of meal: $4.13

No comments:

Post a Comment