2 Chicken Breasts (3.00)
1 tbs minced garlic (.05)
2 tbs vegetable oil (.03)
2 tbs butter (.05)
1 cup of rice (.20)
1 can cream of mushroom (.50)
1 can cream of chicken (.50)
1 small can of peas (.37)
1. In skillet, heat oil, butter and garlic. Add chicken. Cook chicken on both sides until the juices run clear (or you cut one open and there is no pink)--this takes about 10 mins on each side.
2. While you are doing this, cook your rice. 1 cup of rice, 2 cups of water on stovetop until rice soaks water up.
3. Take chicken out and set aside.
4. Rinse your skillet (but only with water, you want some leftover traces of the mixture for flavoring) and place the rice, the cream of chicken and mushroom soup and the peas in. Let it sit for 5 mins on medium heat.
5. Throw the rice over the chicken and you're ready to serve!
Total cost of meal: $4.70