Monday, November 9, 2009

Note Taking November

So, I made it through the first week of November without grocery shopping! Try that sometime, it's a really fun challenge. We call it "clean out the pantry" weeks and just do dinners/lunches from things we have left in the fridge and the pantry. I keep ours pretty well stocked so we usually can still get some good meals from it.

Anyway, I DID go to the grocery store yesterday and am pleased to report that all went well and I didn't over spend. My total grocery bill was $54.56 and of that $5.50 was household cleaning products and I don't count those in my food budget for the month so the grand total was $49.06! Here's the amazing part: I tendered $37.19 in coupons (check out my Frugal Friday post to find out how)!

No comments:

Post a Comment