Monday, October 26, 2009

Money Saving Monday

Ok, it's no lie...I have a thing for diet coke. That was probably the hardest thing for me to give up during my pregnancy and- no joke- the entire time I was in labor I kept telling myself that at the end of it all I was going to have a big ol' fountain diet coke to reward myself...and I did...and it was wonderful. Anyway, during our weekly trips to the grocery store, I always stop beforehand at our neighborhood sonic and pick up a large diet coke to shop with. It's great. I usually hit there right as happy hour starts (so my drink is half priced) and I enjoy every last sip of the thing.

So you're asking yourself, where is the money saving? (besides the fact that the drink is half off) Here it is: Check your receipt! Don't only do it at Sonic. Check it everywhere! Sonic will give out receipts every once and a while that ask you to take their survey. It takes about 2 minutes and at the end you receive a code that will get you a free route 44 drink on your next visit (keep the receipt and write the code on it because that's your ticket to the freebie)!

Most places have some kind of survey that they want you take and have some kind of giveaway or drawing attached to it. Can't hurt, and it helps them understand what you want better!

2 comments:

  1. Great tip! I get free Moe's every other time I eat there because they do the same thing on their receipts. The trick is to ask for the itemized receipt (not the credit/debit card receipt). The survey is at the bottom of the itemized receipt, they usually don't give it to you unless you ask, but it is good for a free burrito!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had no idea about that one, Katie! Thanks for the info, we LOVE Moes!!

    ReplyDelete